Why the Run to Home Base?
The 2021 Run to Home Base presented by Raytheon Technologies is a virtual 9K and 5K run/walk on Saturday, September 25th with a NESN broadcast special. There are media, branding, employee engagement and impact opportunities for your company to be part of this special event. Since 2009, the Run to Home Base has raised over $24 million for Veterans and Military Families.
Tragically, suicide rates among Service Members and Veterans have increased over 25% during the pandemic. Your support will help ensure we can continue to provide care through our national programs, like our two-week Intensive Clinical Program for survivors of suicide, our specialized clinical programs for Traumatic Brain Injury assessment for the Special Operations Community, and our regional Outpatient Care, delivered via telehealth to local Veterans and their Families. All care and support is provided at no cost to Veteran or their Families.
About the Run to Home Base:
Date: Saturday, September 25th, 2021
Distance: Choose to run or walk a 9K or 5K distance
Format: A virtual race is a race that can be run or walked from any location you choose – on the road, treadmill, gym, trail or track. Run or walk your own race, at your own pace!
Groups and company Teams are welcome to pick a location and date to meet up and walk/run together. Please keep local social distancing requirements in mind.
How to Register:
Select a “Team Captain” to register and create a Team. Employees can then register and “join” the Team. We can create a flyer with instructions you can send out to employees.
Fundraising Minimums due by 9/6/21:
There is a $25 registration fee, for all participants, covering the cost and shipping of t-shirt, hat and bib.
- Civilian adults (ages 14+): $250
- Military (Veterans, Active Duty, Guard, Reserves): $0 for the first 100 registrants; $100 after — 100 COMP SPOTS ARE NOW FULL!
- Children (ages 6-13): $25
- All-Stars (additional fundraising incentives included): $2,500
*Employees can fundraise on their own or your company can cover part or all of employees’ fundraising minimums.
We’re going to be rolling out some AWESOME fundraising incentives over the next few months. We’ll keep you posted soon! Don’t forget to share your fundraising page on social media and with friends and family.
- Create your own internal fundraising incentives throughout your office(s) and reward employees for stepping up to the plate
- Allow for company matching gifts – by employee or total donations raised by your Team
- Ask a Veteran staff member to share their experience serving and why it’s important that your company participates in this event (Home Base staff is happy to assist, also)
- Host an in-person or virtual lunch and learn, where you share your company’s support of this event and walk them through how to register and join your company Team
- Create T-shirts for employees with your company’s logo and Run to Home Base logo
- Host a socially distanced group run/walk outside on or around 9/25 for those interested
- Click here for additional Fundraising Tips and Fundraising Resources
If your organization is interested in engaging and connecting your employees and clients withour mission, please email Steve Monaco at firstname.lastname@example.org.