Why the Run to Home Base?
As you all know, the turbulence associated with the coronavirus pandemic has affected each of our lives profoundly. Schools, colleges, and many employers are looking at remote operations going into and beyond the Fall, and there will be no fans in attendance at Fenway for the foreseeable future. Based upon guidance from city and state officials, race directors and Major League Baseball – with your safety in mind – we will conduct our 2020 Run to Home Base as a virtual race on Saturday, September 26th.
Home Base is currently looking at a significant budget shortfall. We normally raise $2.5M through this event but, this year, we have lowered that expectation to $1M. The funds raised from this year’s Run to Home Base supports our Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) program and the 2-week Intensive Clinical Program (ICP) for our Families of the Fallen. Neither program will be funded past October 1st if we are not successful in meeting or exceeding our financial goal of $1M.
“Along with the exceptional care I received, and with the support of the other Veterans and active duty Service Members in my treatment cohort, I was able to look into the mirror, face many of my issues, and begin to deal with them. Home Base provided a path to healing I struggled to find on my own. Home Base gave me hope.”
– Master Chief Petty Officer (SEAL) Chris Gemmer
What is a “virtual” race?
A virtual race is a race that can be run or walked from any location you choose. You can run, jog, or walk on the road, on the trail, on the treadmill, at the gym, or on the track. You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
What you need to know about this year’s event:
- Civilian adults (ages 14+) will be asked to raise $200 by 9/6/20
- Military participants (Veterans, Active Duty, Guard, Reserves) will be asked to raise $100 by 9/6/20
- Children (ages 6-13) will be asked to raise $25 by 6/9/20
NEW Fundraising Incentives:
Each participant who raises $500 by 11:59pm EST on Sunday, September 6, 2020 will receive:
- Home Base thermal water bottle
- Digital photo of your name on the Fenway Park Jumbotron
Each participant who raises $1,000 by 11:59pm EST on Sunday, September 6, 2020 will receive above incentives plus:
- 2 tickets to the Red Sox game for the 2021 Run to Home Base event date (TBD)*
- A chance to win four (4) Green Monster tickets to the 2021 Run to Home Base event game*
Each participant who raises $2,500 by 11:59pm EST on Sunday, September 6, 2020 will receive above incentives plus:
- Participation in 2021 Run to Home Base pregame ceremony and Flag Drop*
- A customized Red Sox jersey
Each participant who raises $5,000 by 11:59pm EST on Sunday, September 6, 2020 will receive above incentives plus:
- A group workout with Mike Roose, Red Sox trainer, on-field at Fenway Park, tour and picture with World Series Trophy*
- Four (4) premium tickets to a 2021 Red Sox home game*
*Subject to any and all applicable restrictions on games and other public events
Additionally, we are working on providing an opportunity for some of our top fundraisers to enjoy an on-field experience/celebration at Fenway, once social distancing restrictions due to COVID-19 are relaxed. We will share more information with you once we have it.
Share, Share, Share!
We need your help! We would love to see and share photos and videos of you training and day-of. Make sure to tag or mention @HomeBaseProgram and @RedSoxFoundation on social media and use the hashtag #RTHB2020. You can also add photos/videos to our Facebook Event Page. If you don’t have social media or if your accounts are private, you’re welcome to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send us an email at email@example.com.